We highly recommend our patients wear masks when they are attending face to face appointments in the surgery.
If you are waiting for the results of a COVID-19 test, or have a sore throat, cough and or temperature, or have travelled from Victoria in the last 14 days or have been in contact with another hot spot DO NOT COME TO THE PRACTICE.
Please call us instead on 4455 1291 or book online for a phone appointment.
Masks are a helpful addition in the fight against COVID-19 if used correctly. NSW Health strongly encourages people to wear them when unable to physically distance, particularly in indoor settings, to keep everyone safe.
When wearing a face mask, it is important to use it properly by:
- washing or sanitising your hands before putting it on or taking it off
- ensuring the mask covers your nose and mouth and fits snugly under your chin, over the bridge of your nose and against the sides of your face
- refraining from touching the front of your mask while wearing or removing it
- not allowing the mask to hang around your neck or under your nose
- not reusing single-use masks; wash and dry reusable masks after use and store in a clean, dry place.
The effectiveness of different types of cloth mask in blocking respiratory droplets varies, depending on the weave and the number of layers (at least 2–3 layers are needed). They are increasingly less effective as they become increasingly damp.
Masks should not be worn by young children or anyone who has trouble breathing or who is unable to remove the mask themselves without assistance.